Monday, September 15, 2008

The Great Outdoors!!

On Saturday, I took a group of freshmen up to Dupont Forest for a hike. It was incredible. Nature is awe-inspiring. Within minutes of parking the vans, we were sitting at the base of an amazing water fall.

This day reminded me of what I enjoy, and what calms me. It also helped me to think about how I spend my time on the weekends... I get very caught up and operate at times on auto-pilot. By this I mean, I run around completing to-do lists, errands, organizing dinner plans with friends, and family. I need to also remember to take time for myself and do things I enjoy.

Growing up, I have always spent a great deal of time outside. Summer camps and fall hikes with my family are some of the best memories I have. Saturday at Dupont Forest was such a refreshing way to spend the day. I made a promise to myself to get back up there (with my husband) especially once the leaves start to change.

It is very close. You should check it out. Here is the website http://www.dupontforest.com/
Spartanburg is located so close to the mountains. Take advantage of the area around you.

1 comment:

EBrown said...

That was a fab-u-lous trip and I agree with how it went. The atmosphere was really nice out there.
That is nice that you grew up spending alot of time out doors; I never did but I love it.